[R] How do I specify a partially completed survival analysis model?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Nov 20 15:57:51 CET 2009

On Nov 20, 2009, at 9:46 AM, RWilliam wrote:

> Sorry for being impatient but is there really no way of doing this
> at all?
> It's quite urgent so any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

The general method with glm's to specify a model with fixed
coefficients is to use an offset. I believe that the coxph function
also has that facility and seem to remember that Therneau uses offsets
in some of the examples he offers in his books and technical reports.

Perhaps:
cmod <- coxph( Surv(Time,Censor)~X1, offset=4.3*X2, data= <dfname>  )

Further requests about specifics should be accompanied (as suggested
by the Posting Guide) by some code that sets up a reproducible example.

--
David.