[R] Problem with sqlSave

anna_l lippelanna21 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 20 13:48:12 CET 2009

Hi Karl, I was setting append=true because safer would delete the former
datas when set to false. I must not have understood the purpose of these two
attributes right. To be honest I tried all possible combinations and none
would work. I am doing all this now with RExcel as I have been advised and
it worked very well. Thank you for trying to help.

Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 04:07:52 -0800 (PST) anna_l <lippelanna21
> @hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello, the sqlSave function is used in order to write a dataframe on
>> excel.
>> This function creates worksheets using the attribute tablename and writes
>> the data.frame in it. What I want to do is to create this data.frame but
>> being able in case this worksheet already exists to delete the former
>> datas
>> and write the new ones in it. I used the safer and append attributes.
>> When
>> you set safer to false, from what I understood, it should delete the
>> former
>> datas. Then what I did is setting safer as false and append as true so it
>> can append to the empty dataframe the new dataframe but it didn?t work.
>
> Your question doesn't make sense. If you want to delete the older data,
> you should *not* use append = TRUE, since that is used only in the case
> that you want to append the new data to the old date. Since you *don't*
> want to retain the old data, why do you set append = TRUE?
>
> --
> Karl Ove Hufthammer

-----
Anna Lippel
new in R so be careful I should be asking a loooooooot of questions!:teeth: