[R] boxplot question

Antje niederlein-rstat at yahoo.de
Fri Nov 20 10:58:34 CET 2009

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody can explain to me why the boxplot ends up
with different results in the following case:

I have some integer data as a vector and I compare the stats of boxplot
with the same data divided by a factor.

I've attached a csv file with both data present (d1, d2). The factor is
34.16667.

If I run the boxplot function on d1 I get the following stats:

0.848...
0.907...
0.936...
0.965...
1.024...

For d2 I get these stats:

29
31
32
33
36

If I convert the stats of d1 with the factor, I get

29
31
32
33
35

Obviously different for the upper whisker. But why???

Antje