[R] Change color of single panel in xyplot

jimdare jamesdare26 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 23:43:45 CET 2009

Hi there,

I have created a single page, multi-panel, xyplot using lattice.  Each panel
is a trial (total of 8) from an experiment with 3 variables on the x axis
and the observed value on the y axis.  I have added the mean of all trials
so the entire plot looks like this (where M=mean panel and 1-8 = trial
panels):

M 1 2
3 4 5
6 7 8

I want to change the colour of the mean panel (M) so that it stands out from
the trials.  I have tried using: col=c("red",rep("black,8)), but this
changes the first point to red on all panels.  Is there a way to specify the
colour for a single panel without changing the rest?

Thanks,

James