[R] question about function heatmap

Waverley @ Palo Alto waverley.paloalto at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 23:03:27 CET 2009

Hi,

I am using the function heatmap(stats) to draw a microarray heatmap,
columns are samples and rows are gene features.

I did a 2D clustering during the heatmap drawing.  The features and
samples indeed cluster into several blocks both vertically and
horizontally.

I can get the index of re-ordered rows and columns after the heatmap
drawing by typing the the return variable of the heatmap function.
However, I cannot  separate these index by the the dendro tree. All
the indexes labeled at the bottom and right of the plot all jammed
together.  I cannot by looking at the plot to find where the borders
are.

Can someone help?  Essentially I want the dendro tree of the genes
which are grouped after the clustering so that, e.g., I want to check
whether genes clustered together are in the same pathway etc.

Thanks in advance.

--
Waverley @ Palo Alto