[R] gregmisc library (Mandriva)

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 19:53:30 CET 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 9:18 AM, chi ball <c_cb at hotmail.it> wrote:

> Hi, I'm not able to find a rpm of "gregmisc" library (>2.0.0)  for Linux Mandriva 2008 Spring.
> Any suggestion?
> Thanks

If you don't find an up to date RPM, either you have to learn how to
build an RPM or just install the package yourself.

You can install the package yourself in a number of ways, I think R
FAQ outlines it.

To update and download a whole bunch of packages, I use a script.

It should be easy for you to see how this works. I scan the system to
update what packages there are, and then install a lot of others if
they are not installed yet.

as root run R CMD BATCH R_installFaves-2.R

or inside R as root you could type

source("R_installFaves-2.R")

On Ubuntu, if you do this as root it installes the packages into
/usr/local/lib/R, but on Fedora it installs them under /usr/lib/R.  I
do not know where they will go with Mandriva.

I used to run the script to get ALL packages, but when the CRAN list
accumulated more than 600 packages, my systems just spent all day
building packages. So I had to narrow my sites.

I'm looking at administering a cluster computer on which I'll need to
make RPMs for many packages, and so I'm in the same boat as you are if
you are wanting RPMs.  You could check back with me in about a month
to find out if I have packages for you.

pj

I think  gregmisc is a "bundle", those are deprecated.  Instead, you
install gdata, gmodels, and so forth.

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science