[R] browser() can not stop the execution

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 12:58:01 CET 2009

How are you executing your script?  Are you doing a cut/paste into the
command window?  On WIndows using Tinn-R, this procedure will invoke
'browser' and it will then continue to read the rest of the script
since it is coming from the standard input.  The way around it is to
put the script in a file and then 'source' it.  Try this and report
back.