[R] Step Function Freezing R

Jgabriel jgabrielsullivan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 22:49:06 CET 2009

Alright, here's the update: the IT guy insists that the RAM is not the
problem. RAM, according to him, is "pretty black and white". There
should be enough RAM on the system for the function to work, and he
was the one who installed the extra RAM in the first place. Could
there be another RAM issue besides the amount? Is there some special
way in which R uses RAM that could be causing the issue? He also wiped
the computer and rebuilt the whole system, to no avail. He's getting
pretty tired of my problems, to say the least. You say you've seen a
lot of RAM problems over the years, can you help me out?