[R] starting html help for a package?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Nov 13 12:33:04 CET 2009

Liviu Andronic wrote:

>>  The page displayed there was never an HTML page.  In the future it probably
>> should be, but it hasn't been implemented yet.
>>

> At the moment is there a way to call the html help for a package, that
> is starting in a browser the text displayed by help(package="boot")?

If you look at the index page, and if the package author created a
package man page, you'll find it.  That would give you the same thing as
package?foo, not the same thing you asked for, which always generates
package info, never looks it up.

At some point in the future the package?info page will be able to be
generated automatically, and I imagine it will end up containing the
package info you saw.   It would make sense for

help(package="boot", help_type = "html")

to give the same result.

Duncan Murdoch