[R] Automatizing Simulation in R

Jeff Harring harring at umd.edu
Thu Nov 12 14:42:06 CET 2009

I have a question regarding automatizing simulation runs in R...

I have 500 external data sets for a simulation study that I would like
to bring into R to analyze. They have the names data1.dat, data2.dat,
..., dataN.dat

Is there a way to automatize the bringing in of these data sets in R
using the read.table function within a looping cycle?

For example...

for (j in 1:N){
data_"j" = read.table("data"j".dat, header=F)

executable code
.
.
.
}

bring in the next data set.

SAS uses a ampersand "&" to automatize the process.

Example code:

data _NULL_;
   set final;
       filename out "C:\data&k..dat";
       file out;
       put variables;
run;

I would welcome any insight into how to address this issue.

Thank you.
Jeff Harring

Jeffrey R. Harring, Assistant Professor
Department of Measurement, Statistics & Evaluation (EDMS)
1230 Benjamin Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742-1115

Phone: 	301.405.3630