[R] Introducing R to statisticians

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Wed Nov 11 18:31:02 CET 2009

      To me, R is the language of choice for a rapidly increasing number
of people involved in new statistical algorithm development.  If they
are happy with the tools they currently use, learning R may be a lot of
pain for little gain.

      However, if they want to stay current with the latest developments
in almost any area of statistics, I know of no better way than to
subscribe to some of the R mailing lists (or related lists like
Bioconductor).  To me, reading those is like attending a professional
meeting a few minutes per day.

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer Graves

--