[R] do.call and timeSeries

Peter Ehlers ehlers at ucalgary.ca
Tue Nov 10 20:37:45 CET 2009

Bierbryer, Andrew wrote:
> Does anyone know why the following code hangs on the do.call, but works
> fine when I either comment out the require(timeSeries) or only do 2
> levels of a for loop instead of 3?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Andrew Bierbryer
>

> require(timeSeries)
>

> num <- 1
>

> x.list <- list()
>

> for ( i in 1:10 ) {
>
>   for ( j in 1:20 ) {
>
>     for ( k in 1:30 ) {
>
>       x.list[[num]] <- cbind(num,10)
>
>       num <- num + 1
>
>     }
>
>   }
>
> }
>

> cat('calling do.call\n')
>

> x.df <- do.call(rbind,x.list)
>

> cat('called do.call\n')

This seems like a highly unusual way to generate x.df,
but it works fine for me. No idea why this doesn't work
for you.

Here's my sessionInfo; what's yours?

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.10.0 Patched (2009-11-02 r50295)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_Canada.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_Canada.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_Canada.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_Canada.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] timeSeries_2100.84 timeDate_2100.86