[R] zoo: bug with unique for yearmon

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Mon Nov 9 21:14:20 CET 2009

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Achim Zeileis wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Johann Hibschman wrote:
>
>> I'm using R 2.10.0, with zoo 1.5-8. The release notes for zoo 1.5-8
>> claim a bug with unique for yearmon objects has been fixed, but I'm
>> still having problems.
>
> 1. Please report such problems (also) to the maintainers and not (only)
>   to the list.
> 2. Please provide a reproducible example.
> 3. Both of the points above are pointed out in the posting guide.

Just as a follow-up to the list: The original poster provided a small
reproducible example off-list, the package authors could identify and fix
the problem (in the - method), an improved version is already on R-Forge
and will be committed in the next days to CRAN. Sometimes life with
open-source software can be so easy ;-)