[R] Percentage effects in logistic regression

Roberto Patuelli roberto.patuelli at usi.ch
Mon Nov 9 18:04:25 CET 2009

Dear ALL,

I'm trying to figure out what the percentage effects are in a logistic
regression. To be more clear, I'm not interested in the effect on y of a
1-unit increase in x, but on the percentage effect on y of a 1% increase in
x (in economics this is also often called an "elasticity").
For example, if my independent variables are in logs, the betas can be
directly interpreted as percentage effects both in OLS and Poisson
regression. What about the logistic regression?

Is there a package (maybe effects?) that can compute these automatically?

Thanks and best regards,
Roberto Patuelli

Roberto Patuelli, Ph.D.
Istituto Ricerche Economiche (IRE) (Institute for Economic Research)
Università della Svizzera Italiana (University of Lugano)
via Maderno 24, CP 4361
CH-6904 Lugano
Switzerland
Phone: +41-(0)58-666-4166