[R] Calculate Mean for each Treatment/Trial Interaction in DF

jimdare jamesdare26 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 02:53:31 CET 2009

Hi,

I am create a new DF that summarizes the mean angle per treatment/trial, of
the original DF (see below).  I have had some success using:
(tapply(df$Angle, INDEX=interaction(df$State,
df$Trial),  FUN=mean)); however, this gives the answer as a list, which
means I would have to split the name to get the categories back.  Does
anyone know a simple way to transform the Original DF into Summary DF?

Thanks in advance,

James

Original DF

> df