[R] Build recommended packages from source under Windows

rkevinburton at charter.net rkevinburton at charter.net
Thu Nov 5 19:27:49 CET 2009

Hello,

>From the date time stamps I see that not only do I have the results of the build in 'gnuwin32/front-ends' but I can also see the time stamps have changed in the main bin directory so I assume that the result of 'make all recommended' also copies the results there.

Now on to the packages. I was interested in following the flow of 'stl' so I added the following lines to stl.f in src/library/stats/src.

      do i=1,n
        write(*, '(a,2f8.3)') 'stlfts1 ', x(i), trend(i)
      end do

This is in the function stlfts. But when I execute the following 'R' code from the R console:

d <- stl(nottem, "per")

I don't see any output. Is there another version without the print statements that is getting executed?

Thank you.

Kevin