[R] exclusive access to graphic device

whizvast whizvast at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 18:36:58 CET 2009

Hi, useR-

I want to create a graphic device - e.g., windows() - that only specific
function(s) have control over. For example, suppose you run the following
code:

windows()
dv = dev.cur()
dv

"dv" is the index for the graphic device. By passing "dv" value into a new
function, I can control the device. The problem is that other functions
(namely, plot) can control that device as well. Does anyone know how to
avoid this and achieve exclusive control over a specific device?

Thanks