[R] kernel density estimation and classification

wk y vivacity at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 3 02:56:08 CET 2009

Hi,

I am interested to use Kernel Density Estimation on bivariate data for multi-class classification.

So far, I have managed to use the 'ks' package to plot the contours of the kernel density estimates based on 8-class training dataset with only 2 variables.

However, I do not know how to make use of the Kernel Density Analysis results as input into a classifier (e.g. Bayesian classifiers) to accomplish the task of classifying testing dataset into 8 different classes.

I will really appreciate any suggestions or advice.

Thanks.

regards,
WK