[R] SEM with Unbalanced Panel

Henry Wotton henrywotton at gmx.de
Sun Nov 1 16:24:03 CET 2009

Dear R Experts,

I have a query concerning SEMs in a multilevel context. I have an unbalanced panel where children are nested in families, which in turn are nested in districts. The problem is the following: the outcome variable of interest is measured at the child level but the (explanatory) latent variable is at the family level.

Most the variables are discrete and I am able to fit the model using the sem() and hetcor() packages ignoring the hierarchical structure of the data. But, how do I incorporate the fact that the outcome variable is at the child level and the latent variable at the family level?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot already

Henry

--