[R] R's documentation

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 29 18:28:07 CEST 2009

Which version of R is this?  From the BUGS section in NEWS for R 2.9.0
patched:

     o	median.default() was altered in 2.8.1 to use sum() rather
 	than mean(), although it was still documented to use mean().
 	This caused problems for POSIXt objects, for which mean() but
 	not sum() makes sense, so the change has been reverted.

So this was a bug, but it has already been fixed (see the comments in
the posting guide and especially the FAQ about checking if things have
already been changed).