[R] custom sort?

Steve Jaffe sjaffe at riskspan.com
Fri May 29 00:06:29 CEST 2009

hmm, that is what I was afraid of. I considered that but thought to myself,
surely there must be an easier way.  I wonder why this feature isn't
available. It's there in scripting languages, like perl, but also in
"hardcore" languages like C++ where std::sort and sorted containers allow
the user to provide a comparison function (even for builtin types like int).
It's hard to believe that you have to jump through more hoops to do a custom
sort in R than in C++ ...

You put a class on the vector...