[R] How could I terminate a script (without leaving R)?

Mario Valle mvalle at cscs.ch
Thu May 28 14:58:21 CEST 2009

Good morning!
Which is the preferred method to leave a sourced script and returning back to the '>' prompt?

For example I search for certain files to be processed, but nothing should be done if they
are not present. Normally I do in my script:
f<-dir(pattern="qq")
if(length(f) > 0) {
    ...process file list...
}
# script end

But I don't like those {} encompassing the whole script so I'm searching for something to
put in place of the '???' here:
f<-dir(pattern="qq")
if(length(f) == 0) '???'
...process file list...
# script end

Using stop("No file found", call.=F) works, but the Error message is ugly in this case.

Any suggestion?

Thanks for your help!
			mario

--