[R] problem with cbind

kayj kjaja27 at yahoo.com
Wed May 27 19:27:09 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I have a file with two columns, the first column has the names of the
patients and the second column has the age. I am looking into creating an
output file that looks like

1-10	10-20    etc
Eric	Chris
Bob	mat
            Andrew
            Suzan

Where each column has the name of the patients in a given age category that
is displayed in the header. For example in the output, the first column has
the name of the patients with age between 1 to 10.

The problem that I am having is that I can not use cbind since the length of
the vectors is different. Is there a way to create such a file?

Thanks for your help