[R] C4.5 implementation in R

Tony Breyal tony.breyal at googlemail.com
Wed May 27 11:21:37 CEST 2009

I think Rweka implements the C4.5 (revision 8) algorithm, but it calls
it J4.8 (because it's written in Java instead of C, and also the
revision number, and is uses an open source licence, i think).

You might want to look at this paper by Schauerhuber, Zeileis & Hornik
called 'Benchmarking Open-Source Tree Learners in R/RWeka':

http://epub.wu-wien.ac.at/dyn/virlib/wp/eng/mediate/epub-wu-01_bd8.pdf?ID=epub-wu-01_bd8

otherwise, try: http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/MachineLearning.html

Hope that helps a little bit, i've been meaning to have a play around
with that package myself actually, just need to find the time :D

Tony