[R] Help me...!!!

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Tue May 26 23:20:23 CEST 2009

<quote>From: Doran, Harold <HDoran_at_air.org>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 14:26:53 -0400

The bad news, as others have indicated, is that this list is not for
homework. The good news is that all of this is extremely easy in R!!!

</quote>

Well, that's stretching the definition of "demonstrate" (to claim you
can show this equality in R).
  IMHO you cannot show the value of an infinite sum in R, since that
depends on theorems in calculus.  You can show it's "close" but if I
were the professor I'd not be happy with such a response.

Students -- or the rest of us in GenPop -- who miss the difference there
are just asking for disaster to strike.

Carl