[R] Changing a legend title to bold font

Steve Murray smurray444 at hotmail.com
Fri May 22 13:17:08 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I have seen a response from Duncan Murdoch which comes close to solving this one, but I can't quite seem to tailor it to fit my needs!

I am trying to make just the title in my legend as bold font, with the legend 'items' in normal typeface.

I've tried setting par(font=2) external to the legend command, but this makes everything bold. I've also tried (in the legend code), font.main=2, but I didn't have any luck with this.

Any suggestions would be most welcome,

Steve