[R] drc results differ for different versions

Hans Vermeiren Hans.Vermeiren at glpg.com
Fri May 22 12:15:46 CEST 2009

Yes, thanks that's very useful
Apart from checking the fit with nls() as you suggested, I've also used Prism, which gave the following results

Equation 1
Best-fit values
     BOTTOM	10.96
     TOP	106.4
     LOGEC50	-5.897
     HILLSLOPE	0.9501
     EC50	1.2670e-006
Std. Error
     BOTTOM	2.196
     TOP	9.337
     LOGEC50	0.1439
     HILLSLOPE	0.2270
95% Confidence Intervals
     BOTTOM	6.301 to 15.61
     TOP	86.62 to 126.2
     LOGEC50	-6.202 to -5.592
     HILLSLOPE	0.4689 to 1.431
     EC50	6.2750e-007 to 2.5560e-006
Goodness of Fit
     Degrees of Freedom	16
     R²	0.9622
     Absolute Sum of Squares	787.5
     Sy.x	7.015
Data
     Number of X values	20
     Number of Y replicates	1
     Total number of values	20
     Number of missing values	0

In other words: also in line with the drc 1.6-3 and nls() results
As for the scaling: yes this is useful because I can't predict whether concentrations are in molar, micromolar,..., right now I indeed scaled dose-values "manually", it's better/ more robust when the drm-function takes care of that
I suppose this also means I don't have to do the log transformation anymore?
Thanks (both of you) for your swift feedback

Hans