[R] stationarity tests

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Fri May 22 04:50:17 CEST 2009

      The following searches for help pages in contributed packages
including terms "stationarity" or "unit root":

library(RSiteSearch)
st <- RSiteSearch.function('stationarity')
ur <- RSiteSearch.function('unit root')
ur. <- st|ur
nrow(st) #  68
nrow(ur) # 122
nrow(ur.)# 180
HTML(st&ur) # Shows the 10 with both terms
summary(ur.) # A summary by package
HTML(ur.) # Shows all 180 sorted by package then score for the help page.

      You may also be interested in the Box-Ljung test.  For this, try
the following:

bl <- RSiteSearch.function('Ljung')
HTML(bl)

      "The partial autocorrelations may be estimated by fitting
successively autregressive processes of orders 1, 2, 3, ... by least
squares ... and picking out the estimated phi.hat[1,1], phi.hat[2,2],
phi.hat[3,3], ... of the last coefficient fitted at each stage."  (Box
and Jenkins, 1975, Time Series Analysis, Forecasting and Control,
Holden-Day, sec. 3.2.6;  see also
"www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/pmc/section4/pmc4463.htm")

      Your rules for reading ACF and PACF sound right to me.

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer Graves