[R] How to google for R stuff?

Andy Choens andy.choens at gmail.com
Thu May 21 14:57:58 CEST 2009

> You are very picky.  When I enter
>
> R residuals
>
> into Google, 8 out of the first 10 hits are for R topics.  Isn't that
> good enough for you?
>
> I think this is true of most Google searches:  the letter R most
often
> means the R project.

Although it does not appear to be a factor with this search, it is worth
remembering that Google will customize search results for individual
users. I have found with certain computer/linux searches that when I
search from my Google Account I _do_ get different results compared to
when I am not logged into my google account. I tried this search and was
still able to easily find R related materials, but it is worth
remembering that for those of us who use Google services heavily and
have accounts, our results may differ.

--
This is the price and the promise of citizenship.
    - Barack Obama