[R] SEM:Standard error of std.coef estimates?

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed May 20 17:46:41 CEST 2009

Dear Bastiaan,

I've written an appendix on bootstrapping regression models, available at
<http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox/Books/Companion/appendix-bootstrapping.pdf>
, which describes generally how to proceed. In outline, you'll write a
function that takes your data matrix (not covariance matrix) as an argument,
along with a vector argument for indexing the data matrix. Your function
will calculate covariances from the indexed data matrix, fit your model to
this covariance matrix, get the standardized coefficients from the model,
and return the standardized coefficients as a vector.

An alternative would be to adapt the boot.sem() function in the sem package
to return standardized coefficients. That might prove simpler for you.

Regards,
 John

On