[R] turning off specific types of warnings

Eleni Rapsomaniki er339 at medschl.cam.ac.uk
Wed May 20 14:10:37 CEST 2009

Dear R users,

I have a long function that among other things uses the "survest" function from the Design package. This function generates the warning:

In survest.cph (...)
  S.E. and confidence intervals are approximate except at predictor means.
Use cph(...,x=T,y=T) (and don't use linear.predictors=) for better estimates.

I would like to turn this specific warning off, as it makes it difficult to detect other (potentially more crucial) warnings generated by other parts of my code.

Is there a way to do this?

Eleni Rapsomaniki

Research Associate
Strangeways Research Laboratory
Department of Public Health and Primary Care

University of Cambridge