[R] create string of comma-separated content of vector

Katharina May may.katharina at googlemail.com
Tue May 19 18:24:27 CEST 2009

Hi,

how do I create a string of the comma-separated content of a vector?

I've got the vector i with several numeric values as content:
>str(i)
num 99

and want to create a SQL statement to look like the following where
the part '(2, 4, 6, 7)' should be
the content of the vector i:
select * from  [biomass_data$] where site_no in (2, 4, 6, 7)

Here my approach (which doesn't work):
site_all_data <=  sqlQuery(channel, "select * from  [biomass_data$]
where site_no in (",paste(i,sep=","),") )

sorry for spaming so much today to the mailing list...

-Katharina

--
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas.