[R] fitting distribution

Stefan Grosse singularitaet at gmx.net
Tue May 19 10:27:02 CEST 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009 14:04:19 +1000 Kon Knafelman <konk2001 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

KK> i have the sample variances for 1000 samples, and i want to fit it
KK> to a chi-squared distribution.

KK> can someone please help me fit this to a chi-squared distribution
KK> with n degrees of freedom. Thanks a lot

Dear Kon,

1. please only mail to <r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch> OR to
<r-help at r-project.org> as we receive every mail of you twice if
you mail to both.

2. please read the posting guide. A link is attached
every e-mail:

"PLEASE do read the posting guide
http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html and provide commented,
minimal, self-contained, reproducible code."

especially the section "do your homework". It means use search on
r-project.org and rseek.org and have a look at the documentation.

Don't expect others to do your homework. And show some effort!

Using search would have pointed you to a guide of Ricci on fitting
distributions for example:
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/Ricci-distributions-en.pdf

If you programmed something and it does not work as expected- THEN mail
to the list.

hth
Stefan

PS You don't know Debbie Zhang by coincidence?...