[R] What's a Data Frame?

cls59 chuck at sharpsteen.net
Sun May 17 21:23:08 CEST 2009

prixel wrote:

>  im completely confused. could someone please help.
>
> i have a series of data (0,0,0,0,1,1,0,0,0) and i need to create a data
> frame with it. but what is a data frame?
>
> thankyou :)

A data frame is similar to a matrix- however each column may be of a
different data type (character, number, logical, factor, ect.) and each
column has a name. Using the names a data frame may be manipulated as a
collection of vectors of the same length.

Look at ?data.frame for more information on data frames. The function
as.data.frame may be able to convert your data into a data frame object.

However, I cannot say if the object created by as.data.frame would satisfy
your needs without further manipulation since you did not specify why you
need a data frame. Are you calling some function that demands a data frame
as an input? If so, which function?

Good luck!

-Charlie

-----