[R] Plotting question re. cuminc

K F Pearce k.f.pearce at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri May 15 16:31:25 CEST 2009

Hello everyone,

(This is my second question posted today on the R list).

I am carrying out a competing risks analysis using the cuminc function...this takes the form:

cuminc(ftime,fstatus,group)

In my study, fstatus has 3 different causes of failure (1,2,3) there are also censored cases (0).  "group" has two levels (0 and 1).

I therefore have 6 different cumulative incidence curves:

cause 1, group=0; cause 1 group=1
cause 2, group=0; cause 2 group=1
cause 3, group=0; cause 3 group=1

If I type the following commands:

> xx<-cuminc(ftime,fstatus,group)
> plot(xx,lty=1,color=1:6)

I end up with the 6 curves plotted on the same graph.

Is there a way that I can plot a selection of these curves? (say only curves for cause 1, group=0 and cause 1 group=1).

Thank you so much,
Kind Regards,
Kim

Dr Kim Pearce CStat
Industrial Statistics Research Unit (ISRU)
School of Mathematics and Statistics
Herschel Building
University of Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne