[R] warning message while installing a package

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Fri May 15 16:17:12 CEST 2009

On May 15, 2009, at 9:04 AM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> On 5/15/2009 11:04 AM, meenusahi at gmail.com wrote:
>> Dear all
>> I was trying to install the package ISwR and got the following
>> message. I was connected to the internet.
>> Warning: unable to access index for repository
>> http://cms.unipune.ernet.in/computing/cran/bin/windows/contrib/2.8
>
> That's a problem connecting to the mirror.  Try a different one.
> (You can do this from the menus in the GUI, or from the console
> using chooseCRANmirror().)

It's not a problem connecting, but either a permissions issue or there
is just nothing there:

   http://cms.unipune.ernet.in/computing/cran

That URL is 'Not Found'.

I don't see that mirror (or any mirrors in India) on the 'official'
mirror list, but if legit, might be worthwhile contacting the mirror
Admin to see what's up.

That being said, definitely use a different mirror in the mean time.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz