[R] [OT?]R Reference Manual review/recommend

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Thu May 14 20:58:04 CEST 2009

I don't know the book but I doubt that it is a good way to learn R.

I'd suggest having a look at some of the documentation available on the R site.  Click on Other (in left column of page) have a look there  and then select the " contributed documentation" link to get more documentation.  Have a look at some of these offerings before buying any books.

The on-line "Introduction to R"  (Click on Manuals) is also very useful although I found that it was more useful after I had a basic understanding of R than as an intro for a complete novice who is not a statistician.
Oh yes, it's also much easer to use in PDF form than in the HTML format.