[R] using multiple matrices

Penner, Johannes Johannes.Penner at mfn-berlin.de
Thu May 14 17:52:34 CEST 2009

Dear R-list,

another question trying to build consensus cluster ;-)

Using the package "clue" I have found a method of building consensus
clusters the following way from one distance matrix:

clust1 <- c("ward", "single", "complete", "average", "mcquitty",
"median", "centroid")
clust_res <- lapply(clust1, function(m) hclust(data2, m))
names(clust_res) <- clust1
hens <- cl_ensemble(list = clust_res)
plot(hens, main = names(hens))

cons1 <- cl_consensus(hens, method=NULL, weights=1, control=list())

However, now I want to include several distance matrices and build the
ensembles from these. Is this possible and if yes how?

Thank you very much in advance!
Johannes