[R] Data extraction problem after importation using RODBC

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Thu May 14 15:32:15 CEST 2009

Axel Leroix wrote:

> Then I perform an lm regression using the following code:
> reg1 <-lm(data$prod~data$pri+data$cli)
> summary(reg1)

Use

reg1 <-lm(prod~pri+cli, data=data)

instead. It is not necessary to call the data frame you read your stuff into
"data", any more useful name, such as "ecg" or "delivery" will do.

Then I try to perform a gls regression because I have a correlation problem.
For this I use the following code:
reg1gls <- gls(data$prod ~ data$pri + data$cli +
correlation=corAR1(form= ~data$Year), method='ML')

The problem is that after this gls regression, I have the fellowing error
message :

Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) :  'Year' object is not find

If you have problems, print

str(data) << or whatever you want to call this

Use the same form as above; check the documentation example. This has
nothing to do with ODBC import, because your first example worked (I
presume).

Dieter