[R] Input to variables - help please

Steve Sidney sbsidney at mweb.co.za
Wed May 13 21:49:35 CEST 2009

Dear list

I have managed to write a short program to evaluate data which is inputted
from a csv file using the following

x = read.csv("wms_results.csv", header=TRUE)

All works fine but since I have a number of similar data files which have
different names, I would like the program to allow me to input the file
name, rather than having to edit the program.

>From the documentation I am unclear how to replace the "filename.csv" with a
string varaiable so that from the keyboard I can input the name.

Also which command can I use to output some text to the monitor as a prompt

Any help would be great and apologies for such a simple question. Thanks

Regards
Steve