[R] Checking a (new) package - examples require other package functions

Rebecca Sela rsela at stern.nyu.edu
Wed May 13 20:38:36 CEST 2009

I am creating an R package.  I ran R CMD check on the package, and everything passed until it tried to run the examples.  Then, the result was:

* checking examples ... ERROR
Running examples in REEMtree-Ex.R failed.
The error most likely occurred in:

> ### * AutoCorrelationLRtest
>
> flush(stderr()); flush(stdout())
>
> ### Name: AutoCorrelationLRtest
> ### Title: Test for autocorrelation in the residuals of a RE-EM tree
> ### Aliases: AutoCorrelationLRtest
>
> ### ** Examples
>
> # Estimation without autocorrelation
> simpleEMresult<-RandomEffectsTree(Y~D+t+X, data=simpleREEMdata, random=~1|ID, simpleREEMdata$ID)
Error: couldn't find function "RandomEffectsTree"
Execution halted

The function "RandomEffectsTree" is defined in the R code for the package.  How can I refer to other functions from the package in examples?  (I have the "Writing R-extensions" PDF, so it would be enough to point me to the right page, if the answer is in there and I just missed it.)

Thanks!

Rebecca