[R] plotCI line types for line and for bar

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Wed May 13 14:54:43 CEST 2009

lehe wrote:

> Thank you!
> Yes, I am using the plotCI from gplots and I want the line connecting the
> centers to be dashed, just as for the bars. However changing the type to
> be "p" as you said does not give dashed line but no line at all (only
> points).

 Yes, but the next line

lines(mcra1avg,col=2,lty=2)

adds a line with the desired line type.
Perhaps one idea about R graphics that would be useful to you is that one
often builds
up a desired plot by adding pieces sequentially, rather than finding a
single plot
command that does everything at once.

  Ben Bolker