[R] Warning trying to plot -log(log(survival))

Steven McKinney smckinney at bccrc.ca
Tue May 12 06:55:55 CEST 2009

Hi John,

Thanks for the data.  I put your data in a
plain text file and read it in without any problems.

> jsdf <- read.csv("js.csv")
> jsdf
   Time     Time30 Died Age Rx
1     3  0.1000000    0  40  2
2     8  0.2666667    1  21  2
3    10  0.3333333    1  18  2
4    12  0.4000000    0  42  2
5    16  0.5333333    1  23  2

I can fit the model you specified and obtain the plot without problem.
So this looks like an issue with R 2.8.1 and whatever survival
package version you have.  I have R 2.9.0 and survival_2.35-4.
Can you update your versions?

HTH

> fit0 <- coxph(Surv(Time30, Died) ~ strata(Rx) + Age, data = jsdf)
> fit0
Call:
coxph(formula = Surv(Time30, Died) ~ strata(Rx) + Age, data = jsdf)

      coef exp(coef) se(coef)    z     p
Age 0.0611      1.06   0.0257 2.38 0.017

Likelihood ratio test=5.84  on 1 df, p=0.0156  n= 64
> plot(survfit(fit0),fun="cloglog")
### No warning, two curves plotted.

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.9.0 (2009-04-17)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] splines   stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods

[8] base

other attached packages:
[1] survival_2.35-4

Steven McKinney