[R] Read many .csv files into an R session automatically, without specifying filenames

Mark Na mtb954 at gmail.com
Mon May 11 22:37:42 CEST 2009

Hi R-helpers,

I would like to read into R all the .csv files that are in my working
directory, without having to use a read.csv statement for each file.

Each .csv would be read into a separate dataframe which would acquire
the filename of the .csv.

As an example:

Mark<-read.csv("Mark.csv")

...but the code (or command) would do this automatically for every
.csv in the working directory without my specifying each file.

I'd appreciate any help or ideas you might have.

Thanks!

Mark Na