[R] Seewave options

Thiago de Carvalho thiago_decarvalho at yahoo.com.br
Mon May 11 16:49:22 CEST 2009

Good afternoon,

My name is Thiago. I'm a graduate student and affiliated to an Anuran Bioacustic and Systematics Laboratory at UFU (Federal University of Uberlândia) in Brazil. The professor in charge of the lab (Dr. Ariovaldo Antonio Giaretta) and I have recently been making use of R, specially the packages Sound and Seewave so as to analize anuran recordings. This software is just fantastic, but I am writing to ask for help about the graphics generated by Seewave. A graphic and the script I used are attached to the e-mail, so that you are able to verify if it is possible to reduce the graphic scale of the Y-axis (see we need only until 10 KHz, even less than it). The fact of recording at 44100 Hz/16 bits resolution may be a possible cause for such a long scale, but that is the only way to record with the best quality... If you think it is easier to change my script and send me back, I would reallly appreciate it too.
I am looking forward to your reply.
Thanks beforehand,

Thiago Ribeiro de Carvalho
Laboratório de Comportamento, Ecologia e Sistemática de Anuros Neotropicais
Universidade Federal de Uberlândia
http://lattes.cnpq.br/0618169962335506

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com