[R] Using ACE in the ape package

Andrew RODRIGUES Andrew.Rodrigues at univ-montp2.fr
Mon May 11 12:45:13 CEST 2009

Having a problem running the ace command in ape.

After reading my table into R and then putting the names of the rows in the
table in same order as the tree I can't get ace to run and get the message

Erreur dans as.matrix(x) :
  dims [produit 25] ne correspond pas à la longueur de l'objet [0]

This is the command I am using and each of the vectors used in the
snalysis.

ERreconstruction <- ace(car, tr, type="discrete", model="SYM")

>car [1] 4 1 7 5 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 1 2 1

> tr

Phylogenetic tree with 32 tips and 31 internal nodes.

Tip labels:
	Batis_maritima, Pentadiplandra_brazzeana, Tovaria_pendula, Reseda_lutea,
Tropaeolum_majus, Carica_sp, ...

Rooted; no branch lengths.

Thanks for any help.