[R] I don't see libR.so in my installation directory

cls59 sharpsteen at mac.com
Sun May 10 03:46:09 CEST 2009

Tena Sakai wrote:

> I became aware of such as I was preparing for
> an installation of little r.  The installation
> material stated to look for libR.so, and I want
> to make sure that the one I installed (2.9.0)
> is used by little r.

little r... do you mean the scripting front end for R? If so, the core
utility Rscript is probably installed (it was added in 2.5.0 I believe) and
provides the functionality of little r, including hash-bang lines. Check the
bin folder in the R installation.

If you are talking about something different, ignore this message :)

-Charlie

-----
Charlie Sharpsteen
Undergraduate