[R] (no subject)

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat May 9 14:03:19 CEST 2009

On May 9, 2009, at 5:39 AM, Jaana Kettunen wrote:

> Could you help me with a problem? I should put non-linear variables
> into
> zelig-model, how can that be done? I'm dealing with air pollution
> data,
> trying to find out daily associations between mortality and air
> pollutants.
> Weather variables used as confounders are in some cases non-linear.
> Since
> smoothing is not an option I don't know how to proceed.

You should search within the Zelig documentation for examples of
regression splines. It is not difficult to find these. This document
has many such examples and it was the first hit on a Google search:
http://gking.harvard.edu/zelig/docs/zelig.pdf

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories
West Hartford, CT