[R] caching of the .Rprofile file

Tobias Verbeke tobias.verbeke at openanalytics.be
Sat May 9 10:29:58 CEST 2009

Hi Tom,

> It seems that if I make a change to the .Rprofile file in my working
> directory, it is not immediately reflected when the session is
> restarted. (I am using statET and rJava)
>
> Is that something I should expect?

No.

Is your launch configuration of R in StatET configured
such that it takes ${resource_loc} as working directory
(Main tab of the launch configuration) ?

This way you can select the directory you want as a working
directory in the Project Explorer and launch R directly in
there. If you do not launch R in that way it will take a
default directory and therefore not load the .Rprofile from
the specific directory you want to be the working directory.

HTH,
Tobias