[R] Vim R plugin-2

Jose Quesada quesada at gmail.com
Sat May 9 08:58:01 CEST 2009

Jakson A. Aquino <jaksonaquino <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Dear R users,
>
> People who uses vim in Linux/Unix may be interested in checking the
> plugin for R that I'm developing:
>
>   http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2628
>
> The plugin includes omni completion for R objects, code indentation
> and communication with R running in a terminal emulator (xterm or
> gnome-terminal). This last feature was already present in Johannes
> Ranke's plugin.
>
> I would like to know if you have any suggestions of improvements.
>
> Best regards,

Excellent work!
I wonder if this could be made more portable (e.g., it depends on perl, + R
being on a tty terminal, which is not always the case).

I'll try to look at it and see if I can port it so it works on windows.
But the
current communication method I use there are just the clipboard, not sure if
it'll be possible.

Any alternative ways of sending info both ways from R to any open
process (vim)
in windows?

I have, and like, perl; the only think that is missing is the tty support on
windows (I think!)

--
Jose Quesada, PhD.
Max Planck Institute,